Wednesday, June 29, 2011

J'adore Montreal (parte une)

Is it a little odd that I've been to Montreal three times this year and June hasn't even ended yet? Well if we're gonna be specific I might as well tell you that I went three times in the span of two months.

Why?
It's amazing, that's why. The rent is cheap(er), the men are gorgeous, and the city itself is so easy on the eyes!I'm gonna shut up now and show you some photos so you can decide for yourself.
This is from my first trip of the year, during the dead of winter.
You can't go to Montreal and not go to Schwartz, which is one of the (if not the) most famous Hebrew deli in the city. Known for its smoked meat sandwiches, this place is always full and yes, there was a line that crept out of the restaurant even if it was -20 outside. 

What is creepy? Mannequins of children covered in manila paper in the basement of an antique store, that's what.



I totally regretted taking off my mitts to pose with this guy, it was the coldest, most painful thing ever.




Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is Concordia.

College Notre-Dame

St. Joseph's Oratory was built on top of a hill, so the trek up was pretty breathtaking-literally. It reminded me of the high altitude training my team and I used to do every summer in Baguio.

Posed for scaling purposes. Seriously, Montreal snow was crazy! Toronto didn't really get a lot of it this winter though it was pretty cold. P.S. Doc Martens may just be the best boots for winter. It keeps my feet dry & warm like no other!


Oh I watched the Goo Goo Dolls concert. This was the primary reason I went to Montreal! 

Chandeliers, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment